Saturday, May 28, 2016

Peony Thank You

I have another card for Altenew's May inspiration challenge - 'From Places Abroad - Australia', you can check out the details here. For my first card, which you can see here, I basically went with the colours, for this card I tried to get the feel of the mosaic from the inspiration photo as well.


I stamped one of the leaf images from Peony Bouquet with Versamark on watercolour paper and heat embossed with clear EP. I then coloured in the leaves and background with my Peerless watercolours. The shine from the embossing does give it a somewhat mosaic look, although I wasn't able to get a good photo showing that.




I am also entering this card into Simon Says Wednesday challenge - which is anything goes this week.

Supplies:
Stamps - Peony Bouquet (Altenew)
Dies - Branching Out, Thankyou (PTI), Stitched Rectangles (Lil Inkers)
Paper - Stampers Select White (PTI), lt. green, dark blue cs - scrap box
Ink - Versamark, Clear EP, Peerless Watercolours
Other - raindrops

2 comments:

  1. Love the rich and gorgeous color combo! BEAUTIFUL use of stamps! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is Oh so beautiful! I was only just stamping the peony last night and thinking just how lovely it is, you have totally made it shine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.