Sunday, January 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop - Hearts and a LIM Sketch


For some reason I was a day behind today and thought this hop was tomorrow. Thank goodness I had both my posts ready to go.

 The theme for the monthly blog hop at Papertrey Ink is all about love - more specifically hearts. For this card I am also playing along with Less Is More utilizing their sketch this week.



Using my Heart Prints Dies, I cut out several hearts from a coaster. I then generously applied Scotch clear liquid glue over the surface of the die cut and then dropped 2 -3 drops of Ranger's alcohol ink onto the glue and let these dry. I have used this technique before, heating the tinted glue with a heat gun which will give you a darker and more textured finished product. I stamped the scrolled frame onto my card base and then die cut the hearts out of the center of each. I then popped my glue/inked hearts into the negative space. The sentiment was heat embossed onto black CS with white EP and popped up on 3D foam.

Supplies:
Stamps - Boutique Borders: Love, Wet Paint (PTI)
Dies - Heart Prints, Building Blocks (PTI)
Paper - Stampers Select White (PTI), Black CS (SU), coaster
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versa Mark, White EP, Ranger Alcohol ink, Scotch Clear glue

17 comments:

  1. your card is so elegant... what a lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the marbled look your coloring technique gave these hearts. The whole card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty heart card! I'll have to try that technique some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is incredibly beautiful Connie! I have never tried this technique with the glue and ink, but will have to give it a try! And I love how you used just half of the Boutique Borders stamp to showcase your hearts...perfection! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant use of the border stamp. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the Boutique Border stamp. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing take on the sketch Connie. So elegant. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many things to love here, Connie! The hearts have gorgeous color & dimension and I really like the way you used the Boutique Borders to frame them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an elegant design - love your three hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is different. Love the brackets. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so elegant Connie, love the design. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous--love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm this is yummy. Loving the striking colours in those hearts and a superb take on the sketch.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an interesting technique Connie... those hearts look amazing!
    It's a great take on the sketch!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a clever effect on those hearts Connie - and a stunning card!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week, sorry to be late in visiting your blog
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.