I am entering this card in Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday - 'Go Green' challenge and the Heart2Heart 'Go Green' challenge.
1) Cut 3 pieces of paper 1/2" wide x 12" long and glue onto a sheet of copy paper (or cardstock), squaring them up along the long edge making sure to apply glue to the entire back of each piece.
2) Trim the excess paper from the strip as shown below. Cut a card base 4 1/4" h x 5 1/2" w with the fold at the top. Draw a light pencil line 1 1/2" from the left edge of the card base in the lower half of the card. (I did this on a scrap so that I could make the line darker and write the dimensions for you).
3) Lay your pattern strip onto the card base as shown below, lining the top edge with the top right corner of the card base and the left edge of the pattern strip so that the bottom left corner of the strip touches the bottom of the card base at the point where your pencil line meets the bottom edge. Mark your strip with pencil marks at all points shown in picture below. Using your paper trimmer or a ruler and kraft knife, trim the strip at each end using the pencil marks as a guide.
4) You will now have two pieces of your pattern strip as pictured below. The piece on the right is the piece you cut above and the piece pictured on the left is what was left over. Line the pieces up as seen below and then flip the left piece on top of the right, right sides facing each other.
5) Holding the two pieces together, flip them over and use the top piece as a template to cut the angle for the other piece (make sure to keep the long edges aligned).
6) Adhere both pieces to your card and trim the left strip matching the angles at your pencil mark. Erase any pencil marks showing.
Supplies: Card size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (All supplies CTMH except where noted)
Paper - For Always, White Daisy, Pear, Black CS
Stamp - Perfect Fit Birthday, Card Chatter Birthday (for inside)
Ink - Pear
Accessories - Black Waxy Flax, black buttons (fabric store)
Other - 1 1/4" punch, Std Circles Lg (Spellbinders)