Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Card For Dad

It's new release week at Flourishes so I thought I would try and play along with some of their challenges. Yesterday's Timeless Tuesday challenge #173 was to create something for a Dad. I don't have any Flourishes sets with masculine images so I had to make do with a sentiment from the 'With Gratitude' set. I also didn't have the right size chipboard letters, so I made my own by layering letters cut out on the cricut. I wanted to do 5 - 6 layers, but ended up with only 4 because I only had a very small piece the paper left that I wanted to use, but I think they worked. I do like how this card turned out.

I used the Mojo Monday sketch #245 and also entered City Crafter Challenge #113 - Buttons, Buttons...






Supplies: Card size is 4 3/4" x 6 1/2" - All Supplies CTMH except where noted

Paper - Cruisin' DP, Grey Wool, White Daisy, Juniper, Black CS, Red CS (Bazzill)
Stamps - With Gratitude (Flourishes)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Grey Wool
Accessories - Buttons, Black Hemp, Black ribbon
Other - Cricut Art Philosophy, Without a Lock Embossing folder (Couture Creations), 3D Foam

9 comments:

  1. Connie, your Father's Day card looks amazing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card ... just love those buttons ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card. So many interesting elements, but perfectly balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Amazing card. Love the colors. Stop by when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Undoubtedly my favorite "dad" card I've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! A really cool take on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww.. What a great Fathers day card.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is fabulous. love all the details. super dad's day card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a FAB Father's Day card! LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.