Friday, July 22, 2016

PTI Stamp-a-Faire 2016 - Masterpiece Gallery

Get your creative juices flowing everyone, it's time for PTI's yearly Stamp-A-Faire event! Tomorrow is a day packed with fabulous inspiration, tutorials and chances to win from Papertrey Ink.

To kick off the event tonight there is a Gallery Reception for us to share a project that we are most proud of. I chose the card below which I created for MIM#131 from September of 2013 - Striped Embossing by Betsy Veldman. I had just started using Papertrey products earlier that year and used two of my favourite stamps from my limited Papertrey supply at the time. I can't access the link any longer but I am pretty sure this card was highlighted in the newsletter for that month.



If I recall Betsy demonstrated how to create an ombre or striped effect with heat embossing. I used three shades of blue embossing powder to create the stripes in the title. Then I created stripes in the round on my blooms.
Thanks for visiting.

11 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I can see why it is your favorite. Love everything about it from colors to dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too can see why you chose this card as your Masterpiece Connie...it is absolutely gorgeous!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i find this card to be very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, design. Love the strip of color behind the main panel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, it's so much fun to revisit these favorites! Your beautiful card is a perfect 'masterpiece' in every way! Definitely an embossed beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I'm going to have to go and look for this, just beautiful!
    Happy SAF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Connie! This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It definitely is a masterpiece! The design, colours and the dimension that you achieved are amazing (and so is your photo).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.