Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bliss Card - Ribbon Flowers / Waxy Flax Spirals

I created this card for Close To My Heart's 'Make It From The Heart' contest. Unfortunately it did not win, but that also means that I can share it with you now.




I have used a number of different ribbon flowers on this card, a folded ribbon rose using 3/8" Colonial White grosgrain ribbon for the center and 5/8" (folded) Colonial White Satin edge organdy for the ruffle, some simple flat rosettes using 1/4" Cocoa satin ribbon and upright spiral rosettes using 1/4" Buttercup picot edge ribbon and waxy flax spirals. For complete instructions on how to make these ribbon flowers I highly recommend the book Ribbonwork The Complete Guide by Helen Gibbs.

I am posting a video on how to make the waxy flax spirals after this post.

For the ribbon at the top of the card I stitched together, with a zigzag stitch and sewing machine, two pieces of the 5/8" Colonial White satin edged organdy ribbon and then ruffled it using a gathering stitch. The pattern for the card is 'Fancy Five' from the How-to-book 'Originals' from Close To My Heart.

Supplies - all products are CTMH - card size is 5" x 7"

Paper - Bliss B&T, Chocolate and Vanilla Cream cardstock
Stamp Set - The Present D1436
Inks - Chocolate
Accessories - 3/8" Colonial White grosgrain ribbon, 5/8" Colonial White satin edge organdy, 1/4" Cocoa satin ribbon, 1/4" Buttercup picot edge ribbon,Crystal Blue Waxy Flax, Opaques Gems - Mocha, Twilight brads, liquid glass
Other - piercing tool kit, needle, thread, sewing machine, large toothpick, 3D foam

2 comments:

  1. This card is draw-dropping gorgeous~! The hand stitching for the ribbons is amazing to me because it shows how much you put into making your cards! BTW, you site is a wonderful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous! I'm a fellow CTMH consultant, just found your site and am now a follower. I can't believe this didn't win in the contest. Oye! I love your flowers - keep 'em coming. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.