Thursday, February 19, 2015

Coverplate Stencil Anniversary Wishes

Good Morning! It is freezing here today, so a good day to stay inside and craft. I have a card for the   Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge. This week we are asked to use a coverplate die to create a stencil and then to use that stencil and embossing paste on your card - you can see Laurie's video here.



I really didn't have a plan when I started this card. I made a couple attempts with dyed paste that I wasn't happy with then I decided to try adding glitter to my embossing paste (I actually used modelling paste - don't know if there is much difference between the two). I added fine gold glitter first and quickly realized I wouldn't get much sparkle with it, so I added some coarse gold glitter as well and am quite happy with the result. I needed a 50th Anniversary card, so this turned out perfectly. It's hard to see in the picture, but the glitter does sparkle in real life.






Supplies:
Stamps - Wet Paint (PTI)
Coverplate - Vertical Chevron (PTI)
Paper - Stampers Select White CS (PTI), Gold Foil CS (DCWV), Vellum
Ink - VersaMark, Balck EP, modeling paste
Other - fine and coarse gold glitter, gold thread

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ep, Connie! Have to try it with coarse glitter like you did! Really impacts! Love the gold 'happy, and string too. All around beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks absolutely like real gold!
    So beautiful Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! That's a great idea adding coarse glitter to your embossing paste. I must remember to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total perfection Connie...love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, but that is a beauty!! I have wondered about glitter in paste, glad to see it works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi connie, that glitter looks awesome on your card, love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOSH Connie this is stunning!!!!!! Gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Connie....your card looks amazing! I still haven't worked up the nerve to use embossing paste but I always love cards made with it! So glad I saw your beautiful work today! Hope you are staying warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! Love how you put this card together & the embossing paste with glitter is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally fabulous, Connie. Your design is perfection and I love the impact of the gold happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love your card!!! The gold accents are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.