Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Doodling With Stamps

The Make It Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink this week is to doodle on your stamping. You can watch Ashley's great video here.  I have come to the conclusion that I am the wrong personality type for this technique - colour outside of the lines and imperfect lines, yikes! After a few false starts I finally came up with a card I felt I could post.


I stamped the images from Pretty Petals in distress inks (I have limited colours) onto water colour paper and then added some more colour using a water brush. I then doodled with a Copic Liner. I am not happy with the sketchy lines that I added around the outside, but I was not starting over again so this is it.

I tried this technique with Polka Dot basics and was actually fairly pleased with with how it was turning out, but ended up going with the flowers instead. Maybe some day I'll go back to the polka dots.

Supplies:
Stamps - Pretty Petals, Mini Blooms (PTI)
Paper - watercolour paper, Stampers Select White (PTI), Sorbet CS (CTMH)
Ink - Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, Peeled Paint Distress Inks (Ranger),Versafine Onyx Black, Copic Liner 0.1
Other - Water pen

7 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? Look at this again. It's not only postable, it's beautiful! You are very artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie this came out darling! I know what you're saying about the imperfect lines. That was quite difficult for me too because I like neatness and symmetry. It was actually quite fun to let loose a little bit. I think the colors, design and even your outline doodles are awesome! It's fun and whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too hard on yourself Connie...your card is beautiful! It was hard for me too to stray outside the lines, but it really does give a great sketchy look...just like yours! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, gorgeous card! Love the results you got, you should do it more often :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, you are a better doodler than you give yourself credit. For that very reason I didn't do any edging on my card because I didn't want to screw up and start over again. Thought it best to leave well enough alone and quit while I was ahead. You did an awesome job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't look like you struggled at all, Connie! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.