Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Pretty Peony Blooms

Last week I received my very first Altenew stamp set, Peony Bouquet in the mail - how many ways can I say the word 'love'? This is a fabulous multi-layer set and foresee adding more gorgeous Altenew stamps to my collection.

 I decided to play along with Altenew's monthly inspiration challenge for the month of May - Places Abroad - Australia and also with CAS(E) this Sketch! #173.

 



For this card I was inspired mainly by the colours in the inspiration photo and of course by the great sketch above. I echoed the circles in the photo by using a home made impression plate on the right panel. I fussy cut two of the three blooms and touched them with some Wink of Stella.

I am hoping to have a second card completed for this challenge later this week.

Supplies:
Stamps - Peony Bouquet (Altenew)
Dies - Wet Paint (PTI)
Paper - Stampers Select White CS (PTI), yellow and blue CS from my scrap bin
Inks - various (CTMH), Wink of Stella
Other - raindrops

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your beautiful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.