Monday, May 9, 2016

Birthday Balloons - Watercolour and Stencil

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. Today I am playing along with the Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says Stamps, which is to use stencils.

I used my new Peerless Watercolours to create the background and using the Bubble stencil from Tim Holtz I added some modeling paste over top. Some of the watercolour had not completely dried so the paste soaked up some of the green colour, I do like how that turned out. The background colours are actually much more vibrant in person. I added a silver foil balloon die cut, embossed the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black and clear EP and added a few silver sequins.

Supplies:
Stamps - Ombre Sentiments (PTI)
Dies - Best Birthday (PTI)
Stencil - Bubble (Tim Holtz)
Paper - Watercolour (Strathmore), Silver Foil CS (DCWV), Stampers Select White (PTI)
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Peerless WC, modeling paste
Other - Sequins

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the 3D stencil and water coloring together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Connie! It's so elegant and striking, love it :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.