Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary - Day 5 - Sampler Square Challenge

And the fun continues at Papertrey Ink. Yesterday was Day 5 and the challenge was to cut out nine 1 1/2" squares and use a different technique on each. You are then to mount them on a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" card base - apparently I can't read since I mounted mine on a 5" x 5" card base - not changing it now. I had a lot of fun with this one. Here is my card:


Sorry for the bad picture. Have no place to take them right now that the house is totally turned upside down with renovations. Also had no access to my embossing supplies so that narrowed things down a bit. Here are the techniques I used:
1. Stencilling
2. Ink Smooshing
3. Soften Stamped Images with Vellum
4. Emboss
5. Camouflaging Inlaid Die Cuts
6. Layered Coverplate Diecuts
7. Colouring with Copics
8. Ombre
9. Adding Colour to Stamped Images w. Colour pencils

Supplies:
Stamps - Doodlie-Do, Boutique Borders: Love, Fashion Sense, Birthday Style, Mini Blooms, Live Love Life (PTI)
Dies - Chevron Coverplate, Hexagon Coverplate, Heart Border, Chevron, Wet Paint (PTI), Std. Squares Lg and Sm (Spellbinders)
Paper - Stampers Select White (PTI), Vellum, Sweet Leaf, Crystal Blue CS (CTMH)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Baby Pink, Blush, Hollyhock, Sweet Leaf, Crystal Blue, Copics, Prismacolor Pencils


14 comments:

  1. Love this Connie! Each perfectly done square is a lovely piece in itself. Beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! One of the prettiest for this challenge that I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous x 9! Love how they are so different but all come together to create one cohesive fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, so good to see that not having embossing powder available you were still able to pull together this wonderful card. All those techniques and it all looks fantastic. Perfect, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was too intimidated to try this challenge. So glad I saw this...it is beautiful! Love the shades and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie.
    Love the softness of your card, very nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Connie! I love it. Super techniques! Lovely results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun take on the challenge. You really packed a lot into each square.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely wonderful take on the challenge! Glad someone else read it to be 9 different techniques. I had fun, too, but boy was 1 1/2 inches a small canvas--haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY, Connie, this is simply fabulous! You took a difficult challenge & created a beautiful work-of-art. So...so...beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm amazed by your creativity Connie - so many techniques on the one card. I can't decide which is my favourite square but I think it's the pink, ombre hearts - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this Is really neat, really like the center popped up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was too intimidated to take on this challenge, but your card makes me wish I did! So beautiful! And cohesive! Job well done in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is AMAZING!!! I have not done this challenge. It scares me!! I LOVE all the fun techniques you used for your squares!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.