Sunday, February 7, 2016

Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary - Day 2 - Dress Up Inspiration

Day two of Papertrey Ink's Anniversary celebrations introduced a new line of products of dress up dolls, what fun! The challenge is to create a card using an item of clothing from your closet or an item found on line as your inspiration. I went through my closet, which is filled mostly with solid coloured items, and came up with this t-shirt that screamed ink smooshing to me. This was a fun challenge and fit well with my current lack of supplies.


Here is the inspiration piece:

I smooshed my inks one colour at a time in the general area that I wanted to stamp my images and then stamped the flowers and leaves over top. Added a sentiment and done!

Supplies:
Stamps - Doodlie-do, Keep It Simple: Thinking of You (PTI)
Paper - Stampers Select White (PTI)
Die - Stitched Rectangle (Lil Inkers)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Pear, Sky, Gypsy, Cotton Candy (CTMH)
Other - mister, acetate sheet

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh Connie...I love this card! What a perfect re-creation of your top...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love this and I'm definitely trying your technique. It's so free flowing and the colours are fabulous! Like that top also - I can see myself in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, what a beautiful card. I love the pretty colors & technique.
    Fabulous take on your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is STUNNING!!! I LOVE how you used those fun flowers and then the colors from your shirt. Spot on for this challenge!!! Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooow this card is gorgeous! I love all the colours and the special way of coloring them! Very beautiful!

    Have a great day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.