Saturday, August 23, 2014

PTI - Stamp-a-faire - Renaissance - Velvet Stamping

Still plugging away here. Nichole Heady has a couple of wonderful videos on the Renaissance Era. This card features velvet stamping. I had a really difficult time photographing this card, with the difficult to see image on the velvet, the silver embossed frame and sentiment and the deep purple of the cardstock. I also could not get a very good image on my velvet with an iron and stamp as shown in the video. I tried on this black velvet and also on some velvet ribbons that I have, thinking they may have been made from a different fiber. I ended up stamping on the velvet with versa mark and embossing with clear embossing powder. I hope it still counts. I used the center of the largest image of the Hands of Time stamp set for my velvet stamping, even thought it is difficult to see, it does look pretty good.


This card is actually a deep purple and the frame and sentiment are silver embossed.

Supplies:
Stamps - Hands of Time, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday (PTI)
Dies - Std. Circles Lg (Spellbinders)
Paper - purple CS, White CS
Ink - versa mark, silver EP
Other - black pearls, black velvet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.