Saturday, August 23, 2014

PTI Stamp-a-faire 2014 - Ancient Rome Frescoes

Well, it's 1:30 p.m. and I finally got my projects completed for the first era of our time travel today - only behind by 2 eras - Yikes! Thought I would be able to keep up today, guess that's not going to happen. Check out the videos by Lizzie Jones highlighting a couple of great techniques based on the art of ancient Rome. Great job Lizzie!

The first video focuses on roman frescoes - which were paintings done on plaster. Lizzie uses embossing paste but I used modeling paste since I couldn't find embossing paste in my local stores. Love the texture on this card. Kept it pretty simple since I didn't have any PTI images I could colour and the solid images I have tend to be floral. My perfectionist self wanted to do this card over since my stamped border isn't exactly straight, but I decided if I did that with each card I would still be here when next year's stamp-a-faire rolls around.


Supplies:
Stamps - Square Prints, Think Big Favorites (PTI)
Paper - Rustic White CS (PTI)
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, Star Spangled Blue
Other - Modeling Paste (Liquitex), sequins

1 comment:

  1. Connie, I think your card turned out beautifully. The border you chose is just perfect and I think it is absolutely fine that it's not 100% straight. I bet you nothing from Ancient Rome is 100% straight anymore. So think of it this way...your card is accurate! Thanks for playing along today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.