Friday, September 6, 2013

Make It Monday #130 - Fabric Die Cuts

The Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge this week is to use Heat & Bond to help create fabric die cuts. I haven't used my dies to cut fabric before and was quite pleased with the result, although I didn't have any Heat & Bond I used a similar product - Steam-a-Seam 2, which works in the same way. The only thing I was disappointed in was the fact that I could not cut ribbon with my dies and was only able to cut through light cotton. Does anyone know if it is possible to die cut synthetic ribbons?

I didn't have any fabric gift bags, so I just ironed my fabric die cuts directly to my cardstock.  I kept this card simple, just swiping colonial white ink around the edges and heat embossing part of the sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps - Stylish Sentiments Birthday (PTI)
Paper - Kraft CS (CTMH), fabric scraps
Ink - Colonial White, Ponderosa Pine, Versa Mark, White EP (CTMH)
Other - Birthday Trio Die (PTI), Steam-a-Seam 2 fusible web, 3D foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.