Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Flourishes September Release Challenge - Get In Shape

The September Release Challenge at Flourishes is to create a shaped card (not rectangle) or a 3D item. I decided to make a 3D item since I tend not to do that very often. I created a Christmas Ornament by rolling squares of paper into cone shapes. I quite enjoyed making this and I do love how it turned out - there are all kinds of variations that you can create with this. Had a hard time photographing this since it is overcast today, looks very pretty in person.

The instructions are pretty simple (you can watch a video by Anna K here). I used fourteen 2" x 2" squares of DP, formed them into a cone shape using Tombow glue runner. I punched out a 2" circle and divided it into four quadrants with a pencil. Apply a fast drying glue to one quadrant and start gluing your cones down to the circle, lining up the points of the cones with the center of the circle. I gathered an 18" piece of 1 3/4" wide lace into a circle, glued it down to a small cardstock circle and then layered my sentiment on top. I used a 2 way glue pen along the inside edge of each cone and sprinkled with prisma glitter (I did this step after gluing my cones to the base circle, but I think it would be easier to add the glitter before gluing the cones down).

Supplies:
Stamps - Pointsettia & Pine (Flourishes)
Paper - Frosted DP (CTMH), Classic Ivory CS (Flourishes)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Ponderosa Pine, Grey Wool (CTMH), Copics - YR000,00,02, BG72, 75, 78, 93
Accessories - Prisma glitter, sparkles (CTMH), lace
Other - Classic Circles Lg & Sm (Spellbinders), 3D foam, 2 way glue

5 comments:

  1. It is so pretty and elegant all rolled together Connie! The lace and glitter and paper are wonderful and the color tones are so pretty too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...Connie...this is one gorgeous ornament! Love all the details! Thank you for joining us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is gorgeous... WOw.... You did a fabulous job, lots of beautiful detail. Great gift idea. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Get in shape challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good golly Connie! How did I miss this? I LOVE the colours you chose to use and that glitter!!! OMG... a fabulous creation! Thanks for playing along with our Release Challenge over at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.