Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Monochrome Peonies

Today I have a card using my new stamp set from Altenew - Peony Bouquet. I absolutely love this beautiful set and stamping the multi layered blooms.

I used the grey inks from Altenew to create this monochrome card. I didn't have any cardstock to match for the die cut frame so I inked up some white cardstock with the darkest grey and die cut that. Created masks by stamping on copy paper and did some masking to create my floral cluster. Fussy cut the large bloom and popped it up for some dimension, it is also stamped underneath.

I am entering this card:
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Monochrome
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Mask It


Thanks for looking.

Supplies:
Stamps - Peony Bouquet (Altenew), Botanical Silhouettes (PTI)
Dies - Std. Squares Lg., Decorative Labels One (Spellbinders)
Paper - Stampers Select White (PTI)
Ink - Morning Mist, Evening Grey, Moon Rock, Lava Rock (Altenew), Wink of Stella (Zig)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Connie! I love the gorgeous peony. You did an awesome job capturing our theme this week. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    Cathie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your card in the lineup over at SSS and just had to stop by and comment Connie...your card is absolutely STUNNING!!! I love it in the grays...what depth it shows just using those muted tones! Beautiful, beautiful card, and now I think I need to go shopping over at Altenew!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! My jaw just dropped to the floor. LOVE the muted monochrome grays and gorgeous masking technique used to create beautiful cluster. Stunning card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Mask It challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Connie! I love how you clustered your flowers and the frame is beautiful! Great idea to ink up the frame to match the blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just totally beautiful!! What a great monochromatic card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Connie! Beautiful work Thank You!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.