Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Make It Monday #147 - Multi-Layer Images from a Single Stamp

The MIM challenge at Papertrey Ink this week is to use a single stamp to create a multi-layer image.  I had only one PTI stamp set that would work with this challenge. I used the small clock face from Hands of Time to create a spinner for my birthday card.



I started with a card front 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Using some canned air against the tip of my copic (I don't have an air brush system) I spattered a bit of grey (copic W3) along the bottom and right side. I then spattered some blue ink onto the card front using reinker mixed with water in a mini mister (rather than spraying, I unscrewed the top and shook some ink from the siphon tube). I stamped some chevron images in yellow gold and grey. For my spinner I stamped the small clock face in black, yellow/gold and blue. I die cut the black and blue images with standard circle dies and hand cut the yellow image since none of my dies were quite the right size. I also die cut a lacy circle from blue cardstock to back all of the images and to provide an edge for spinning. I had a set of black epoxy numbers that fit perfectly into the open circles on the image. A simple brad in the center and you have a spinner. After adding the rest of my sentiments and banner I popped the whole card front up with 3D foam to allow the brad to spin freely.

When I was thinking about this card last night I had decided that I would attach the 1" blue horizontal striped piece to my card base, shorten the card front by 7/8" and pop the card front up over top for some nice dimension - as you can see, by the time I put my card together this morning I had forgotten that I wanted to do that - oh well, it looks alright this way as well.

I used Seize the Sketch#10 for my card design inspiration, although I did miss the deadline.


Supplies:
Stamps - Hands of Time, Live Love Life, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday, Movers & Shakers Sentiments (PTI)
Paper - Memorabilia (Teresa Collins), Neenah Solar White CS, Twilight CS (CTMH)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Creme Brulee, Grey Wool, Twilight (CTMH), Copic W3, W5
Other - Black brad, wood arrow, Lacey Circles & Standard Circles (Spellbinders)

4 comments:

  1. Connie, this is so much fun! Read through your whole how to's and think it turned out brilliantly! Love the banner and the way HB is curved. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit to my blog, Connie! This is gorgeous! I love your card with the angled background, too...both are so nicely done! (They're both fun techniques, huh?;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, your card looks gorgeous, love the color combination and the design of the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card makes me smile. I love the numbers you added to the rotating piece. As always, your cards are top notch. :-) -B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.