Monday, November 25, 2013

Stamping Feathers

Good Morning all! Hope you had a nice weekend, I think more than a few of us saw snow over the past few days. So, I had the opportunity to try another Mix-Ability challenge over at Split Coast Stampers. This challenge started earlier this year and each week gives participants an opportunity to play with Mixed Media. This is only my second time playing along as I just discovered this site and am sorry I missed the first 41 weeks.

This week's challenge 'A Flock of Feathers' is to use two or more feathers of mixed media types on  your project. I used two, a real feather and a stamped image using a pigment ink.


I love how this card turned out, but it feels too clean to me to be mixed media, oh well, what is it they say about baby steps. I didn't have a feather stamp so I inked up some real feathers with white pigment ink and used them to create my stamped images. I like how they turned out and I have a few more ideas on how to use those stamped feathers when I get the chance. 

Supplies:
Stamps - Orchids (Flourishes)
Paper - kraft, lagoon CS (CTMH), Black CS (Bazzill), Classic Ivory CS (Flourishes)
Ink - White pigment (CTMH), Memento Tuxedo Black
Other - twine (May Arts), beads, feather, Striped EF (SU)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.