Thursday, February 2, 2012

Florentine Anniversary Card - Coloring CTMH Seam Binding

I created this card for my parents 64th wedding anniversary this year. The paper used is from one of the new paper packs being offered in the Spring/Summer 2012 CTMH Idea Book. I love the soft colours in this paper pack and some of the great new embellishments available to go with it.

I was really excited to see the Color Ready Seam Binding now available. I love wrinkled seam binding bows on cards. I have been playing around a bit with different methods to color the seam binding and have created a short video tutorial (see below). I will probably only use this on cards for the time being until I can verify the permanence of the dye on the seam binding. (I colored another brand of seam binding some months ago with water and reinker and found that over time the color migrated from the ribbon onto the card - not what I would want to have happen to a layout).





Supplies - Sketch from Originals - Message Enclosure - Card size is 6 1/2" x 4 3/4" (so it can fit into one of my clear boxes)
Paper - Florentine B&T, Cocoa, Black and Colonial White CS
Stamps - Family Love - D1506, Love Always - D1337 (for inside sentiment)
Ink - Cocoa, Twilight, Garden Green re-inker
Accessories - Color Ready Seam Binding, Timeless Charms, Bohemian Assortment, Mocha Opaques and Black Waxy Flax
Other - rubbing alcohol, spray pen, heat gun, 3D foam, corner rounder

4 comments:

  1. Great video tutorial and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Connie. Thanks for the video; now I won't have to be searching for matching (and never finding it)ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Barb, beautiful card! And thanks so much for the video on coloring the seam binding ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Connie!! I am such a fan of your blog!! I hope it's okay that I just added a link to you from my most recent blog posting and I hope that it will bring you lots of new visitors! I sure do love and appreciate your video tutorials - they are all absolutely FANTASTIC and I learn so much from you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.