Monday, January 30, 2012

True Fit Folios - Create a Layout That Holds Memorabilia

I have two children who have long since graduated from post-secondary school, however I have always wanted to create a 'School Years' scrapbook for each of them that could hold their report cards, certificates etc. Close To My Heart offers a product called a 'True Fit Folio' (you can find them on page 129 of the new Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book) that fits perfectly into a 12" x 12" memory protector and allows you to store items within it and out of sight.

Each month I offer a layout challenge to my customers. The layout sketch for January was 'Transfigure' from the How-To book 'Magic'. I completed my oldest daughter's Grade 9 layout using this sketch, CTMH's Typeset paper pack and a true fit folio. I completed the layout and then adhered the Left page to the front of the folder, trimming the layout as needed and adding some paper to the inside back of the folio folder for a seamless look. I am keeping these layouts fairly simple and flat since I will be adding things to the folders. The Typeset canvas shapes are fabulous and made this layout a snap to complete.


Here is a closer look at the left page to show how you can tuck reports etc. behind the layout.


For the sake of simplicity, I have decided to use this same layout sketch for both albums. Only 29 more layouts to go!

Supplies - All supplies are CTMH except where noted
Paper - Typeset B&T, Black, Colonial White and Creme Brulee cardstock
Ink - Black
Accessories - Typeset Canvas shapes, Mileposts Corrugated shapes, Pewter mini-medley, Black Waxy Flax, Black ribbon, pewter frame (unknown)
Other - Cricut Art Philoshophy, True Fit Folio, 3D foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.