Monday, July 4, 2011

Making Hand Cut Paper Flowers

Making hand cut paper flowers isn't new, but I thought I would share with you some of the flowers I have made lately.



I absolutely love how this Sympathy card turned out. The flowers are meant to be Florida Clematis. The flowers were made using good quality copy paper for the petals and printed paper from the retired paper pack Paper Garden.
Check out the video below to see how I made these flowers. For the flower centers please refer to my video tutorial 'Button Carnations' and for the leaves check out my picture tutorial 'Paper Roses'.

Paper sizes for flowers -

Large clematis - 1 - 3" x 3" white copy paper
1 - 1" x 6" designer paper for center

Small clematis - 1 - 2" x 2" white copy paper
1 - 5/8" x 6" designer paper for center



Supplies - All CTMH except where noted - card size is 7" x 5"
Paper - Good quality white copy paper, White Daisy, Ponderosa Pine and Gypsy cardstock, Designer paper - Paper Garden (retired)
Stamps - Card Chatter - Sympathy
Ink - Black, Hydrangea (retired), Grey Wool, Ponderosa Pine, C1 - Copic Marker
Accessories - black brads
Other - Embossing Folder (Provo-Craft), embossing stylus

Here is another 6 petalled flower I made using paper from the paper pack Magnifique


Paper sizes for Magnifique flower -

1 - 2" x 2" multi print
1 - 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" - peacock feather print
1 - 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" - peacock feather print



Eight Petalled Paper Flowers

Below I have another video tutorial for creating 8 petalled hand cut flowers.


Paper Sizes for pink flower -

2 - 2" x 2"
2 - 1 3/4" x 1 3/4"
2 - 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"


Paper sizes for 'Wings' flower -

Large - 1 - 2" x 2" - black print (Wings)
1 - 2" x 2" - pink print (Unforgettable - retired)
1 - 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" - black print (Wings)

Small - 1 - 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" - black print
1 - 1" x 1" - pink print
1 - 1" x 1" - black print


Paper sizes for Black Eyed Susans -

Large - 2 - 3" x 3" - sunflower print - (Magic Moments - retired)
1 - 1" x 9" - cocoa print - (Magic Moments - retired)for center

Small - 2 - 2" x 2" - sunflower print - (Magic Moments - retired)
1 - 5/8" x 6" - cocoa print - (Magic Moments - retired)for center
(can use 3/4" x 6" for center)



I hope you enjoyed these video tutorials. By altering the shape of the petals, the number of layers, the papers for each layer and what you choose for the flower centers you can create an endless variety of flowers. Try glitter, heat embossing etc. for even more variety.

Have fun! I would love to see what you create!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love the clematis and black-eyed susans! Thank you for sharing all your wondeful and different flower tutorials with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! ur flowers are all totally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Flowers and now I must follow you to see what else you create these I all wanna try :)
    hugs Nikki C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Connie, you're flowers are beautiful! And your videos are so easy to follow. Thank you so much for sharing your art and such great instructions!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your video's are AWESOME and your flowers are gorgeous! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your flowers are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your art and your tutorials! My fave is the clematis, but I hope to try them ALL! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous. I saw your post on the consultant BB and had to take a look and bookmark so I can come back when I have some time and learn to make some of those flowers. They are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Gosh! These are fantastic! Thank you Connie for constantly inspiring and teaching me! If you get a chance--hop over to my blog, I have an award for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Connie, I am so impressed with your talent. I had a thought that using your technique for paper flowers I could do a poinsettia, but I do not have your talent... Sometime when you are looking for something to do, would you see what you could come up with? Pretty please with sugar on top. -grins-

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should have asked if you take requests. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty flowers! I have some Heart To Heart ink pads, but I don't have a demonstrator close by. How can I get some re-fill bottles? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.