Saturday, May 14, 2011

First Heart 2 Heart Challenge - All Buttoned Up

I have been meaning to try a Heart 2 Heart challenge for some time now. If you haven't heard of this challenge blog check it out here. This challenge blog is all about Close To My Heart products, even if you don't participate it is a great spot to get ideas for creating wonderful projects with Close To My Heart supplies.

This weeks challenge is to create a project using some of CTMH's great buttons. I decided to go with a simple card today using the paper pack 'Magnifique'. This paper pack will retire at the end of July, so if you haven't ordered it yet, or need more to complete a project be sure to add it to your wish list.


This card was inspired by a sketch by Becky Fleck at Page Maps. Initially I tried cutting out the diamond shapes from a 1" strip of paper and cutting both ends at an angle. This produced diamonds, but not very uniform ones. So I cut out a diamond from one of the papers from the 'Lucky' paper pack and used it to trace a template from cardstock - which seemed to work much better. I drew a line in pencil, 1" from the top of the Colonial White cardstock to help me lay down the first three diamonds correctly. Once those were down, the rest just fit in like puzzle pieces.

Supplies - all products CTMH - Card size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper - Magnifique, Colonial White and Pacifica cardstock
Stamps - Thank You
Ink - Pacifica
Accessories - Buttons - Blue collection, hemp
Other - embossing tool, glue dots

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Really love the diamond shapes and how you addd the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, what a lovely card! Great idea to do the diamond pattern. Thanks for joining us at H2H this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the diamond shape, makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is this with all those buttons separating the diamonds! Fabulous card and fabulous way to get rid of scraps! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card. this gives me some ideas for masculine cards using shirt style buttons and striped papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for explaining how you got those diamonds so perfectly shaped! I love the color combo (Magnifique will always be a fave) and the buttons at each intersection is great idea. Thanks for sharing your great card with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the design of this card, so clean and crisp and great for anyne! Thanks for sharing this with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness I love your cards, they are really inspiring me, I am defiately going to try some of your techniques out! Thank you for sharing your tallent. Just a FYI, I have blog candy on my blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How simple yet elegant in design. Love the way you did the diamonds and thanks for the tips.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you ever think of cutting the diamonds out with the Lucky paper pack? So ingenious! Magnifique is one of my favorite paper packs ever and I love what you have done with it. Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.