Friday, December 31, 2010

Two More 2010 Christmas Cards

Here is another Christmas card that I made. The image for this card is from Just Rite Stamps. It's difficult to see in the picture, but I stamped the background paper with snowflakes and embossed with VersaMark and clear embossing powder mixed with glitter. It has a subtle shimmer that turned out really nice. I touched the snow and branches with glue and sprinkled some glitter on the image as well.


Supplies: Card size is 5" x 5"

Paper - Neena Classic Crest Solar White for image, White Daisy and New England Ivy Cardstock (CTMH)
Stamp Sets - Backyard Birds (Just Rite Stamps), Snow Flurries D1384 (CTMH)
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versa Mark Watermark, Copic markers, white gel pen
Embellishments - Clear detail embossing powder mixed with Prisma Glitter (CTMH), black metal bookplate (unknown), Rub-on letters (CTMH), Red satin ribbon (Offray), Prisma Glitter & glue (CTMH)
Other - Spellbinders scallop circle, Bow-Easy

This next card is one that I made for my youngest daughter who lives on Vancouver Island. Earlier this month they were getting a wicked snow storm which is unusual for the island, and she actually had more snow than we had in Eastern Ontario. I thought a snowy card was called for. I was inspired by a card created by the talented Tosha Leyendekker. I love the simplicity of white cards. I scored some horizontal lines with a dry embossing stylus, masked the area for heat embossing with post-it notes, stamped with versamark and heat embossed with silver. The sentiment is a glitter rubon.




Supplies - All CTMH except where noted - Card Size - 5" x 7"

Paper - White Daisy, Sky cardstock
Stamp Sets - Snow Flurries D1384
Inks - Versa Mark, Silver Embossing Powder
Embellishments - 5/8" Light Blue Satin ribbon (Offray), Silver Shimmer brad, Silver bitty brads, Glitter Rub-ons - Winter Cheer
Other - Martha Stewart border punch, Spellbinders - Labels 10 and Plain Oval, dry embossing stylus, beading wire

1 comment:

  1. Your blog looks awesome!!! I'm following you, so you should follow my blog too. It helps me feel popular.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.